Friday, September 28, 2012

Dreams

Had a strangely long dream while napping just now. Pretty amazed by how I can remember this dream so clearly.

Dreamt that I was back in Europe again, Liverpool to be precise, cuz I recognized the buildings and stuff in my dream. It was a Saturday morning (automatically presumed that its saturday, cuz I was working), I was in my office, typing off on my desktop, multi-screens, apparently I'm a programmer, and by the looks of it, a boss. The view from the windows was simply amazing, Albert Docks. No idea which part of Liverpool I was in, but I clearly recognize the Albert Docks. Then I got off work, and drove down to Anfield to watch Liverpool play in the Merseyside derby. Think I'm a pretty big shot over there, was in one of the lounges together with a few other ang mohs, and a few friends visiting Liverpool from SG. Won the game 2-0.

Then after the match, I headed to this tae-kwondo dojo, where apparently I'm one of the instructors. I'm already black belt 3rd dan, and there were kids all around calling me sir. Feels pretty much the same as those TKD sessions in Singapore.

Then I headed home, no idea why I ran back, when I had a car. But I saw everything that I liked so much about Liverpool in my dream. My house was just an apartment, where there weren't any walls, but the size of the apartment is like that of the one I'm living in right now. Can clearly see the bed, the sofas, the tv once you enter the house. Was immediately welcomed by two cats when I entered the house, one white and one black. Then I fell asleep on the bed in my dream.

Pretty much what I remember. But really, it seemed like an accumulation of everything that I dream of in real-life. Or rather, want to be. I want to be back in Europe again. I want to live in Liverpool. I want to work as a programmer, or even, to be my own boss of a small game development firm. I want to watch Liverpool matches at Anfield. I want to get my TKD black belt. I want to have my own apartment. I want to like running again. I want to have a cat, two would be good.

Its amazing how the things you want change in your life. I still remember back in JC days, while my ex and I were still together, what we wanted for our future was pretty simple. We just wanted to sell ice-cream together, be it by using an ice cream truck or opening a shop. It was a simple dream, naive, if you want to say so. Then things changed alot after the break-up, for a while, I didn't know what I wanted, and even when I first entered Uni, I had no idea what I'm doing with my life. Then I started loving programming, found an internship where I honed my programming skills, and I continue to do so now. Suddenly, I had the dream of being a programmer. Then I found back my passion for TKD (though I'm kinda scared to return now), but I'll definitely join back by next sem. I thought I would be happy to stay in SG, to stay by my parents' side while continuing to pursue my dream of being a programmer. But after coming back from SEP, alot of things changed. How the lifestyle over there appeals to me so much. The much more relaxing way of living, as compared to the buzz of Singapore. Oh, and before I left for SEP, I wanted to be in a r/s so much, that now I think about it, it was kinda dumb. But now, I'm just happy to be by myself, happy to have friends around me, whom might not give the love that a r/s would provide, but still are able to make me happy.

I always thought I wouldn't change as a person, but I was clearly wrong. Change is the only thing that's constant after all. I'm just glad that I changed to become a happier person. The things that hurt me now are so much different form the things that hurt me in the past.

No comments: