Monday, January 31, 2011

It seems like yesterday that he just signed for us, with Benitez putting their hands on the This Is Anfield board.
It seems like yesterday that we were just bouncing off happily to the Torres Bounce at the Singapore National Stadium.
It seems like yesterday that Torres was holding on the world cup with a Liverpool scarf around his neck.

I can't believe this. Do people really change that fast? Or is it my own naivety to believe in whatever people say? He said he loved the club. He said he wouldn't join any other EPL club. So what's this? A betrayal of trust? I thought he was one of us. Maybe I was wrong. Torres always had a special place in our hearts, but it might never be the same again. If he left for another league, he would always remain as a legend in our heart. But no, chelsea? You serious? What's this, I can't even believe what I'm reading. It felt like the whole Gerrard saga all over again, when we were upset over Chelsea's offer, but then, I had faith in Gerrard. I just don't understand why Torres can't seem to command the same faith in me. The fact that he has written in a transfer request? Probably so. Some people, you always think they would remain special in your heart no matter what they do, where they go and where they end up. Dalglish, Gerrard, Carragher, Dudek, Rafa, Hyppia, Luis Garcia, Hamann, they still have a special place in my heart, for they were at a time in their career, what it means to be a Liverpool player. I had thought Torres and Owen would forever remain special. When Owen signed for Real Madrid, I already felt betrayed, serves him right for us winning the Champions League after he left. Now Torres? Maybe its a curse, we need a player we love to leave before we can actually win something.

Hai, so deeply affected by it now. Can't sleep despite how tired I am.

No comments: