Saturday, October 13, 2012

and then I realised the things I love

It suddenly dawned on me. The things I loved. This "me" time I've been spending with myself has taught me alot more about myself.

I like running, but then I realised, I love that short burst of speed rather than the long distance running. That's what I tried to prove today at RT. Given the chance for interval training, I just burst off at every round, and coming back well less than 1m30s for each round. Fastest being 1m10s. And I actually felt good. (: and I'm surprised that my recovery time, after all these years of not training, is still as good as it was back in those NS days. 2 mins, and I'm off and running again. So yeah, I guess in the sports aspect, I've found my true love(?). Not long dist, but sprints. Marathons still have a special place in my heart, its the measure of one's endurance and the heart to train. But having that short burst of speed gives me much more thrill and satisfaction.

And that's why, following up on yesterday's "i want to be more sporty", I've decided to play more sports that involve that short burst of speed. Basketball (thankfully I've never stopped loving bball), badminton, soccer, and any other sport that I would pick up in the future. And hopefully, this love for speed would be useful for my tkd when I get back in the future.

I hope all these ain't just a spur of the moment thingy by me, and I hope that I would have the discipline to keep to any training I subject to myself from now on.

Discipline, I desperately need it.

Oh, and about the RT, its like wth. We were told to pair up with someone. Then 1 will run one lap while the other one will do one static exercise until the buddy comes back. So I paired up with this random dude. I think my one lap was like less than a minute (not a full 400m lap), whereas his was like 2+ mins? So it was basically me doing 1 min runs followed by 2+ mins of static exercises. I dun hate doing these exercises but its just that, u spend so much effort to complete ur lab just so that he does not need to do that much static, but the other party doesn't feel the same, doesn't do the same. So yeah, that's it. whatever. =/

And, I love having friends around me. I love spending time with people that care, and with people that I care for. I don't know if it will cross the bother of friendship, but one thing I know for sure is, if no one falls in love with me, I would not fall in love with her. Simple as that. Liking a person is one thing, falling in love is another. As of now, I'm not in love, and I'm not unhappy about it.

No comments: